Thursday, January 28, 2010

Twilight’ actor Facinelli to hold autograph session



Acting in the enormously popular “Twilight” series has its dangers, such as peculiarly needy fans.“(Fans) will ask me to bite their necks,” said Peter Facinelli, who plays vampire Dr. Carlisle Cullen in the film series. “I try to steer away from that.”

Facinelli does sign autographs, though, and is set to do so from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday at Kentucky Oaks Mall. Autographs and photos cost $25 to $40, with proceeds going to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
Just as perilous as biting requests could be having your career magnified and defined by a cultural phenomenon sweeping the nation.

For actors always evolving and seeking new opportunities it could be crippling.But not for Facinelli, a 15-year actor who is taking the celebrity explosion in stride.“I’ve been (acting) for a long time,” Facinelli said. “I think it helps. I have fans from different movies and TV shows I’ve done, and I realize the importance of having these fans.”
Previous roles in films such as “Can’t Hardly Wait” and the current show “Nurse Jackie” enable him to use the fandom frenzy.
“When I show up to these events (like Saturday’s) I go as Peter, not Carlisle,” Facinelli said. “I find no matter how tired I am from traveling or working, their (fans’) energy is infectious. I feed off of their energy.”

If there needs to be an actor’s handbook for embracing unexpected celebrity, Facinelli could write its cornerstones.
He posts regularly on his Twitter account, which has more than 1.5 million followers, leading the E! channel to name him its 2009 top celebrity tweeter.\

source: http://www.paducahsun.com/features/current/261513-twilight-actor-facinelli-to-hold-autograph-session


No comments:

Post a Comment