Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bristol Palin in Harper's Bazaar: I'm a Hard Worker!


There is nothing really controversial about Harper's Bazaar's new feature on Bristol Palin, but she does address sensitive, obvious issues such as teen pregnancy.

She admits "it was kind of humiliating" to get pregnant as a teen. "[I was thinking], 'Great, I'm 17 years old, I'm 40 pounds overweight with a big belly on me.'"

"All my friends are at school watching on the news. This kind of sucks. I thought I would be somewhere warm at college with my friends," the 19-year-old adds.

"But that was definitely not possible with having Tripp"

Bristol Palin, who is raising now 17-month-old Tripp as a single mom after ending her fake engagement from Levi Johnston, says life is not what she envisioned.

But that's also okay. Look what she got in return ...

Bristol Palin and Tripp Johnston

Bristol Palin and Tripp Johnston looking adorable.

"I love my baby more than anything. He's like a Gerber baby. He's the cutest baby in the whole world," she says. "I just want Tripp to be happy and healthy."

Bristol works as a medical assistant and serves as an ambassador to the Candie's Foundation - as an abstinence advocate, no less - to support her little son:

"I'm on my own. I'm really proud of it. I'm a hard worker. I don't have time for friends or anything. It's just like, crap, there is a hockey game tonight that I want to go to but I can't. Or, I do have to go to work today, because I've got bills to pay."

Sarah Palin says she's "very proud of her [daughter] for taking responsibility. It's not an easy road, but it's the right road. Decisions were made, and we can't unwind those decisions. Consequences are being dealt with. I'm sincerely proud of her."

Bristol says her parents had no idea she was sexually active with Levi Johnston, who says Sarah let them share a bedroom when he lived with the family.

"It's not like we sat down and were like, 'Alright, here's the birds and the bees,'" Bristol says. "Truly, my parents just assumed that I wasn't doing anything."

Bristol and Willow PalinBristol Palin: Such EleganceBristol in Harper




No comments:

Post a Comment