Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Alanis Music Soon?!?!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Why was Alanis Morisette on the red carpet for the Prince of Persia premiere in Hollywood last night?

She wrote music for the action film, which plays over the closing credits. "I saw a screening of the movie and immediately felt compelled to write a song within 10 minutes. It wrote itself," she told Sharon Knolle, who covered the event for USA TODAY.

Morisette's next projects: An album she'll start writing this summer and a book which she describes as equal parts "philosophy, art, Q&A, spiritual, and photography," and which she hopes to wrap up by the end of the year.

Who else was at the premiere?

Jake Gyllenhaal loved playing the buff Prince Dastan. "Being an actor is so hard. And getting paid to be in shape is so hard," he joked. "I made this movie for the kid in me who loved Indiana Jones. And now to think that maybe a movie I'm in can inspire the same kind of crazy couch-jumping activity is a dream."

Nicolas Cage recalled his first meeting producer Jerry Bruckheimer, with whom he's made seven films over the last 15 years: "I was auditioning for a film. I didn't get the part, but during the screen test, I was so amped-up and in character that I smashed a hole in the wall of his office with my fist. Now, most producers might be scared off by this, but not Jerry. He laughed about this incident for years to come, because he never fixed that hole. It's still in that office, somewhere."

Bruckheimer related how his movie aspirations started off at a different theater, the Mercury in Detroit. He thanked the fans, several hundreds of whom braved the rare Los Angeles rain to see the star-studded ceremony: "Without you, the theaters are empty and I'm on the unemployment line."

Jack Davenport joked about being unemployed now that FlashForward has been canceled. "I'm available for children's parties." He joked that he got the news "by carrier pigeon." And he promises that the last episode is "filmic."

SOURCE


No comments:

Post a Comment