Sunday, March 28, 2010

ONTD is slow tonight.... here's some AlexZ Johnson


Alexz Johnson's debut album VooDoo is available for digital purchase already, but on March 30th will be found in stores. And to celebrate, there are two new interviews with Alexz that have sufaced. She speaks about the music, acting, her life/style etc.




Ryan of jitZul interviewed Alexz about how the rough patches Alexz has hit and how she has “finally come out on top with her debut album, Voodoo”

On The Album Finally releasing: It feels like everything that happened was meant to be. Someone above is pulling the strings and I wouldn’t change any of the experiences because it’s only added to the music. It feels awesome finally getting our sound out there.

On The Sound of the new record: With “Voodoo” we wanted to make an album where each song was its own entity. Kind of like scenes to a film. We wanted each song to take you to a different place completely, yet as a whole, still maintain cohesiveness. Every album will be different. The Epic album was very world-sound inspired and rhythm driven. “Voodoo” has qualities of that, but we also went back to our more simplistic approach to some of the tracks. Eclectic pop.

On taking the music worldwide: I have a great team around me and we’re looking into new, innovative ways of getting the music out there. Because it’s an indie project at the moment, it will take time to build a solid foundation so we can hopefully propel into other territories.

On Acting: In all honesty, it’s been tough to balance both careers. I’ve had to make decisions that are best for the music at times, when the music business isn’t the most secure platform. I wouldn’t want to be tied into another TV show for 5 years because it would take me away from pursuing my music but a great film, possibly one that would tie in the music in a soundtrack would be awesome. I’m a bit selective because I’m so passionate about music.

On The Epic Songs/Album that never got released: There is [a possibility they will be released]. Possibly re-recorded and produced. There are some songs on that album that are incredibly close to my heart and it would be awesome to release them someday… when the timing is right.

Full Interview Here


Style interview

On her personal style: My sense of style, well I always try to go by the rule that you wear the clothes and that the clothes don’t wear you! I don’t feel like I’m super trendy, I just go with classic styles, but I also really love French New Wave. But, comfort is the most important thing on stage.

The Cover of Voodoo album: What was so cool about this entire process was I got to be so hands on creatively. I just had this idea – old cinema covers. Each song on the record really represents a different theme from a movie, and I wanted to capture that on the cover.

Favorite beauty products: I love Smashbox and Kiehl’s, Aveda hair products and Nars eye shadows. Laura Mercier has amazing concealers. Mac lipsticks…

Full Interview Here


I leave you with my favorite off her new record, "Taker".




Source
Source
Source

Her real name is AlexZandra, hence the Z. Stfu about it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment